Friday, October 17, 2008

Mommy, When Will This Be Over?

Song of the Day:

“Take the  ‘L’ Out of Lover and it’s OVER” 

The Motels

I don’t know about you, but I’ve just decided I can’t WAIT til the election is OVER. 

This is the first time in my young young  life I’ve been sooo into the process, and it’s exhausting.  It’s the first time I actually WATCHED every Prez & VP debates…EXHAUSTING. 

I was in The Forensics Speech and Debate Club at good ol’ FHS ( won prizes too!) …And let me tell you…all those debates we saw this year, in the true sense of the process… none of them were really debates at all!!!  

No rule following or anything.  No trophies for any of ‘em in the real world.

I have decided politics should be like religion and opinions…keep it to yourself!

In the meantime, I long for a simpler time, when I can concentrate on more important things, like Madge’s divorce.  Heh Heh.

Bonus Motels shout out

For me, the guitar solo in “Only the Lonely” is quintessential 80’s pop.  Short intro was hard to talk up, and short song, so couldn't do much while it was playing, but always one of my top fave songs ever!  

No comments: