Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

I'm not a math person. I still count on my fingers if I need to perform simple computations and no calculator is available. But despite that, I have a thing for numbers, especially when it has to do with time.

So I was particularly fascinated with something that happened this A..M at 12:34:56 7/8/9. As you can see, the numbers aligned- in order from 1-9 for that split second in time. For the first time in 100 years or so.

And I just think that's darn cool. For no particular reason. I mean today's date even amuses me-7/8/9. Yes, I know purist argue that it's really really 7/8/09. So you can write 07/08/09 then. Ya happy now?

Reminds me of a joke:

Q: Why is 6 afraid of 7?


A: because 7 8 9.

You have to say it aloud if you don't get it the first time. An oldie but a goodie in my small book.

Another thing about time...do you have a certain time of the day where you always seem to look at the clock, without even trying to do it at the same time? Many times, whenever I glance at a digital timepiece the time reads 4:22. Really, it's true!

Back in my radio days, and heck even years after...I'd look at the clock and think..."it's 10:20 it's time to go into spots" or it's 12:55 time for the top of the hour.

Old habits, like time are a funny thing.

And that's all I have time for today.

If you have the time, some old time like posts for some newcomers.

Time Talking

Little Ditty 'Bout Time

1 comment:

Mjhar said...

Hmmm...The Beatles' new Rock Band game hits the stores on 9.9.09 I wonder if there any significants to that? ;) I've never noticed looking at my watch at a certain time (btw, my cell is now my watch) but for some odd reason when I worked days I woke up at 3:30 every morning 2 hours before my alarm.