Monday, April 13, 2009

Starting again, once again, in a matter of speaking

Hello dear readers-all two of you.

I really loathe pushing the "fourth wall",that invisible divider that separates the character from the audience. Ironic, since I spent a long time talking directly to an audience. Well actually, just an audience member, one person....that's the key to great radio...one on one communication, talk directly to one individual.

But I digress...

I know I've been remiss on posting as frequently as I should. You know how it is, once you get off that bicycle...you head to a bar and then you can't remember where the heck the bike is, or something like that.

I know, I know the saying is really: "it's like riding a bike"...the all purpose catch phrase for something not forgotten... but doesn't seem to apply to me... I don't even know if I could ride a bike anymore quite frankly. I'd like to, but with the hills around here...who knows.

The bike I was on, metaphorically speaking, was the East Coast. I was distracted all week from writing even the simplest of posts to keep the blog momentum going. I couldn't get a New York minute in at all. It's crazy I know, and it’s something I really need to work on. And that's important, keep working on, not giving up.

Cuz sometimes it's so much easier to give up.

It’s always a process really, being a human being, trying to keep going. It’s easy to get caught up in the smallest minutia of life and forget the big picture.

So, once again, as always, I'll pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.

The adventure continues my friends, the adventure continues.

No comments: