Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Lipstick Goes with Jungle?


Song of the day “ Love to Hate you”- Erasure

“Joe-please, why don’t you save your pump and dump adventures for your blog?”

Quote from the dark haired babe Victory on NBC’S “Lipstick Jungle”

Victory.  What kind of a name is that??

Andrew McCarthy plays Joe.  I loved loved loved him in “St. Elmo’s Fire”. And “Joy Luck Club” and “Pretty In Pink” What am I missing? But man, he’s gotten old.

I digress.  The quote “Save the Adventures for your Blog” struck me as very funny. 

Funny ha ha, not funny peculiar.

Funny that it’s so commonplace to have a blog now.  Or at the very least a Facebook page.  

Ahh Facebook (cue the Homer Simpson Voice) I love me my Facebook.

We’ve become a bunch of navel grazers.(edit note: that would be navel GAZERS-thanks to the "bankrupt divorcee- I screwed up how to publish your comment :) We think the 

minutiae of our daily lives is interesting to others.   Well I know mine is…heh heh.

But back to the “Jungle”- I didn’t watch it last season.  I must confess I watched it last night because one of my friends posted on Facebook she was waiting for the season premiere. 

So I thought what the heck, I’ll check it out too.  Yeah, I’m that easily swayed.

One reason I didn’t initially watch “Lipstick Jungle” was mostly due to a long simmering hatred of Brooke Shields. I don’t know why I detested her soooooo much, but when I was younger, I really did. 

Maybe it was the eyebrows.

Or the fact that I could never fit, let alone afford Calvin Klein’s. And then ol’ B.S played a character named SUSAN on “ Suddenly Susan”. I was irate.  The nerve of her.

But then suddenly Susan stopped hating her.

Perhaps even grudgingly I don’t mind her in small doses.  No motive for the turnaround, it just happened.

It’s like the person in high school who was your arch nemesis-for no real reason you can recall now. You just LOVED TO HATE THEM.  You were always on opposite ends.

But as a so called grown up, you might run into old enemies and have some pleasant conversations.  All bad blood from the past is washed away for the most part.

It’s like that with Brooke and me.

I am sure she is very relived.  

No comments: